Pet Friendly Pest Control Recipes
There are a number of methods for treating pests around your home that are pet friendly. In fact, all of the items used by Bugs on the Bayou are pet friendly. We understand that many families just don’t want their pets exposed to any types of chemicals or toxins. Here are some home solutions for dealing with pests around your home that will not hurt your pets.
Pet Friendly Pest Control-Fly Strips
No nasty mixture of glue and insecticides in this version. Instead just use paper and sugar. Don’t be grossed out if you dog eats the strip (flies and all)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Mix ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Pour over strips of brown paper (grocery bags) and let soak overnight.
- To hang, poke a hole in one end of a strip and tie a string to it.
Pet Friendly Pest Control Roach and Ant Cookies
Here is a simple pet friendly pest control recipe to help with roaches. This is for a simple roach infestation. Keep these cookies away from the kids though!
You will see a decline in number over a period of a few days.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup boric acid
- 1 egg
- Mix all ingredients together to form a moist batter.
- Add a bit of water if more moisture is needed to make a paste.
- Form small cookies about 1 inch in diameter and place on parchment paper on cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350F for about 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Place cookies in cabinets and corners where you have seen roaches.
If you continue to have issues with pests, give us a call. We will come and inspect your home and provide a solution for dealing with your pest that is very pet friendly pest control. Bugs on the Bayou Pest Control 251-287-0426